- This event has passed.
Field Day: Use Of Drones In Vineyard Biocontrol
July 29 @ 10:00 AM - 12:00 PMFree
Robert Hall Winery and UAV-IQ are delighted to invite you to the next regenerative field day held at Robert Hall Winery, on the use of drones to release beneficial insects and mites in the vineyard.
Speakers: Andreas Neuman (CEO, UAV-IQ), Caine Thompson (Managing director, Robert Hall Winery), Kirk Brown (Director of Grower Relations, O’Neill Vintners & Distillers)
Session 1: Biocontrol in the vineyard:
- Which vineyard pests can be controlled by the augmentative release of natural enemies
- What natural enemies are commercially available to wine growers
- Experience from Robert Hall Winery: How to manage pests during the transition from conventional to organic cultivation and how this fits into their larger regenerative viticulture plan
Session 2: Release of natural enemies by drone
- Current limitations of manual beneficial insect and mite releases
- Opportunities and challenges of aerial biocontrol release
- Demonstration of an aerial biocontrol application
Continuing Education credit:
- CA Dept. of Pesticide Regulation (DPR): 1.5 “Other” and 0.5 “Aerial Pest Control Equipment and Application Techniques” approved