2016 saw increases in domestic sales for Oregon wine alongside reduced vineyard production.
- The leader in vineyard planted acreage and production remains Pinot Noir accounting for 64% of all planted acreage and 57% of production.
- Yields were mixed with varieties such as Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, and Pinot Noir seeing reductions, with varieties including Riesling, Syrah, and Merlot seeing increases.
- The overall number of wineries increased from 702 to 725.
- The North Willamette Valley continues to lead the state with 73% of total tons crushed.
- Case sales increased 10% to nearly 3.4 million in 2016, helped along by a 14% jump in national sales.
- Leading the exports of Oregon wine is Canada accounting for 41% of export sales.
Check out the full report here